Friday, January 02, 2009

hope 2009.

yes, it's been ages, but i just wanted to check in to let you know, that i'm still here, and i plan on being more blog-present in 2009. my relationship with my body and eating has changed exponentially since i started this blog 3 years ago (or is it 4?), but i still feel i have a lot to say about the matter, even if it's just to share with you how much better it can be as a recovered, albeit imperfectly, woman. i don't want to bitch and moan about the culture we live in (although i reserve the right to do so on certain days of the month). i want to inspire hope. so that's my theme for size ate 2009. to inspire hope via my show, my blog and via my own actions of self-care. this will mean fewer posts, but hopefully, more well-thought out, impactful posts.

oh! and an update on the show: i've got 3 shows booked at area colleges for the spring, and 3 more potential shows in the works. i'll keep you all abreast as the details get settled. exciting!!!

happy new year all. i wish you health, happiness and an abundance of waffles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you and your blog sometime in 2008 and I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed what you have to offer the world. I think these things are important to talk about, but I like your emphasis on hope and doing instead of just talking. I've come so far in my own recovery in this past year, and I find that reading, thinking and complaining about our culture just keeps me in that place of despair. Here's to hope in 2009!

Danielle Filas said...

Congrats on the bookings! And congrats on your healthy 'tude! May it all be contagious...

Anonymous said...

you are INCREDIBLE!!! I wish you would come to my college. I attend Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ. If you would be interested, PLEASE e-mail me and I'll see what I can do. My e-mail is jenjob428@yahoo.com and my name is Jenny.