Wednesday, September 03, 2008

apartment-sitting beats babysitting.

i don't know what's going on with me, but i know that all i want to do these days is cook for myself (this mainly means chopping vegetables to make this salad) and watch bad television (Whose Wedding is This Anyway? or Clean House anyone?). rather than freaking out and assuming that i have lost all ambition and will fade away into creative oblivion, i'm trying trying trying to just enjoy a little vacation away from my super-productive, list-making self.

we have to do that sometimes, yes?

it helps that i'm staying in the fabulous apartment of my dear friend J, who is away on safari for two weeks with his partner T. poor dears. i'm taking full advantage of the fully-equipped open kitchen, central air-conditioning and cable television. they didn't want to leave the apartment empty for that long so really, i'm doing them a favor. how will they ever repay me?

3 comments:

hope505 said...

mmm...summertime apartment-sitting! I loved it too. My mom had a high-rise apartment in Denver, and I had a swell few occasions to feed the cats and stuff while she was away. Internet, cable, an indoor pool, (and pool tables!)and a great view from the 11th floor...
::nostalgic sigh::

PTC said...

yeah, sounds like it sucks. I don't know how you're dealing with it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you had pay TV! Anyways, I rememeber five years ago, it was our HS reunion.