Monday, April 16, 2007

mmm...liver pate en masque.

"You could eat this log. Or you could stick your hand in a rusty kitchen grinder. Yeah, have fun."

don't ya love laughing maniacally to yourself in an otherwise completely quiet, though completely occupied, office? me too. people tend to leave you alone when you do that.

i spent my friday afternoon in such a state. i discovered this. Wendy McClure, author of the blog Pound and the book I'm Not the New Me, found these Weight Watchers recipe cards (circa 1974) in the basement of her parent's house. she's posted them all here along with her hysterical commentary (now available in a book called The Amazing Mackerel Pudding Plan).

it's really not any wonder people might lose weight on this diet. just the images sort of make me want to vomit...or never eat again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pics are absolutely hilarious in the "Make the Mackarel" pool!

I cried laughing at the commentary...