Thursday, July 06, 2006

dog days of summer


i know i keep saying i'm coming back...and i am. i haven't been feeling very "writerly" lately. i am working on a post about boobs tho, so stay tuned. yes. BOOBS.

so here...a semi-ode to summer. that pain in the ass animal that keeps showing up at my doorstep.
___

summer

alternately kisses

and licks my face

down! down!

slobbering all over my freshly

washed cotton shirt

and perfumed skin.

now a furious pinky red

oh, why the fuck bother?

i want to die when

she snuggles against my chest

and pees out of inbred excitement

sending a steady

drip

drip

dripping

down

down

down

between my breasts

into to a pool of excruciating drool

that rests in the nook that is my belly button

ew.

but then it

comes to me in the

evening beneath the shade of a tree

unconditional sunshine

wags her wistful tail

breezy

breezy

breezy

and i can't help but thank her

for

cherry popsicles

eyelet lace sundresses

and

grass stains.

No comments: